All media and public record requests and requests for interviews are to go through the Corporate Communications Office by calling Nathan Walls at (910) 433-1710, emailing email@example.com, or writing to 433 Hay Street Fayetteville, NC 28301, attention Corporate Communications.
The office responds to requests for information Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and after hours in cases of emergency. In order to ensure the most timely and accurate response possible, media is to contact the Corporate Communications office with all requests.
Memorial Day Schedules
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville government administrative offices will be closed on Memorial Day Monday, May 29. Other services and departments will also experience closures, excluding the opening of pools. The following is a detailed list of Memorial Day schedules:
Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST)
FAST will operate on a Saturday schedule; hours will be from 7 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- No garbage or yard waste collection on Monday, May 29
- Monday’s garbage and yard waste will be collected on Wednesday, May 31
- Monday’s recycling will be collected on Monday, May 29
Parks & Recreation
Following established abbreviated schedule for City recognized holidays:
- General purpose recreation centers operate from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Senior Center and Gilmore Therapeutic Recreation Center operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tokay Senior Fitness Center is currently under repair from a recent fire
- Clark Park Nature Center operates from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All parks will be open to the public
- Administrative offices are closed
Parks & Recreation pools will open the swim season on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. With the exception of Memorial Day (Monday, May 29) and Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 4), the pools will be open Tuesday through Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Keith A. Bates, Sr. Pool public swim hours are 3-6 p.m. when school is in session. Pool locations are as follows:
- Ronnie “Chase” Chalmers Pool
1520 Slater Ave.
- Keith A. Bates, Sr. Pool
4945 Rosehill Road
- Westover Aquatic Center
266 Bonanza Drive
Cost for public swim is $1 for residents ages 12 and under, $2 for non-residents 12 and under, $2 for residents ages 13+ and $4 for non-residents ages 13+.
The Splash Pad at J.S. Spivey Recreation Center, located at 500 Fisher St., is open for all ages through Sept. 9. Days and hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; 3 to 6 p.m. when school is in session; and Sunday from 1 to 6 p.m. Admission is free.