Assistant City Manager
Jay is the Assistant City Manager for the City of Fayetteville, serving in that role since January 2014. He has over 20 years in local government experience in North Carolina and is originally from Potomac, Maryland, 20 minutes outside of Washington, D.C.
As the Assistant City Manager overseeing the Support Services portfolio, he is responsible for Budget and Management Services, Information Technology, Human Resource Development, Strategy and Performance Analytics, City Clerk, Human Relations and the Call Center. He is also the staff liaison to the Public Works Commission.
Prior to Fayetteville, Jay spent 17 years with the City of Durham. During that time he served in several positions including Human Resources Analyst, Assistant to the City Manager, Assistant Director/Business Services, and Strategic Initiatives Manager.
Jay earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree and Master of Public Administration from North Carolina Central University in Durham, NC.
- Administrative leadership of programs in the Support Services Portfolio
- Execute policies, programs, ordinances and resolutions approved by City Council
Support Services Portfolio
- Budget & Evaluation
- 1-FAY Call Center
- City Clerk's Office
- Fayetteville-Cumberland Human Relations
- Human Resource Development
- Information Technology
- Strategic Performance Analytics
- Tracey Broyles, Budget & Evaluation Director
- Dwayne Campbell, Chief Information Officer
- Barbara Hill, Human Resource Development Director
- Pamela Megill, City Clerk
- Rebecca Rogers Carter, Strategic Performance Analytics Director
- Anthony Wade, Human Relations Director
- Tiffany Brisson, Customer Service Representative Supervisor