The City's Community Development activities are focused on helping low to moderate income residents acquire needed information, knowledge and skills to improve their employment opportunities, beautification programs to help improve community appearances, and capacity building activities to help non-profit organizations to become more productive. In addition the City provides assistance to help low income residents pay assessment fees for their share of capital improvement cost.
The Beautification Program fosters neighborhood pride in low to moderate income communities by providing funding for erection of neighborhood signs, landscaping and demolition/clearance projects. (Complete brochure can be downloaded at the bottom of this page)
Water and Sewer Assessment Assistance Program
The Water and Sewer Assessment Assistance Program provides grants for low to moderate income homeowners for fees up to $2000 that are assessed when water and/or sewer is made available to a neighborhood. Also, a $900 grant is available to assist low to moderate income homeowners with the cost of hiring a licensed plumber to connect the structure to the new line. (Complete brochure can be downloaded at the bottom of this page)
Neighborhood Resource Centers
The City of Fayetteville Community Development Department operates a network of Neighborhood Resource Centers located throughout the city. Most of the centers are in low income communities and give citizens convenient access to resources. The primary focus is to provide the adult job seeker with educational tools and special training that will enhance employability.
- Computer labs with internet access
- Meeting rooms for community activities
- Educational, employment, health and safety issues information
- Basic and Intermediate Computer classes for adults
- Homebuyers Education Workshops
- Medical Terminology
- Adult Basic Education & General Educational Development (GED) program.
- Various other classes and workshops
- Old Wilmington Road, 229 Lincoln Drive (910) 483-2945
- Seabrook Park, 708 Langdon Street (910) 433-1105
- Westover Recreation Center, 267 Bonanza (910) 433-1448
For more information contact Jackie Bell at (910) 483-2945 ext. 1107 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org