All media and public record requests and requests for interviews are to go through the Corporate Communications Office by calling Nathan Walls at (910) 433-1710, emailing email@example.com, or writing to 433 Hay Street Fayetteville, NC 28301, attention Corporate Communications.
The office responds to requests for information Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and after hours in cases of emergency. In order to ensure the most timely and accurate response possible, media is to contact the Corporate Communications office with all requests.
- FEMA Limits Commercial Debris Pickup
A storm debris removal team will begin canvassing the city by the end of this week, Oct. 21, to remove all types of residential storm-generated debris.
10/20/2016 4:47 PMdetail
- Multi-Trade Inspectors On-Call This Weekend
The City has multi-trade inspectors, with certifications in all four trades, working this weekend.
10/20/2016 3:52 PMdetail
- Disability Rights and Fair Housing Workshop Held Oct. 20
A Disability Rights and Fair Housing Workshop is being held Thursday, Oct. 20 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The workshop will be held at Smith Recreation Center, located at 1520 Slater Ave., off Langdon Street near Fayetteville State University.
10/18/2016 12:36 PMdetail
- Recycling Collection Resumes for the City
Waste Management will resume recycling collection today for the city.
10/17/2016 12:10 PMdetail
- Attorney General Visits Today, Media Opportunity at 2 p.m.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew, Attorney General Roy Cooper will visit Fayetteville today and speak to the media at 2 p.m. in front of the Cumberland County Courthouse.
10/13/2016 12:32 PMdetail
- Recycling Collection Delayed One Week
Fayetteville recycling collection has been delayed one week due to flooding from Hurricane Matthew.
10/12/2016 11:39 AMdetail
- Key Information / Hurricane Matthew (as of October 11, 2016 - 11 a.m.)
10/11/2016 11:37 AMdetail
- City Hall to Reopen
City Hall and Festival Park Plaza will reopen on October 11, 2016. City Hall and Festival Park will open to the public at noon.
10/10/2016 4:43 PMdetail
- Council Amends Meeting Agenda
Fayetteville City Council will still hold their regularly scheduled council meeting at 7 p.m. on October 10, 2016 in City Hall.
10/10/2016 4:31 PMdetail
- City of Fayetteville Providing Alternate Access for Neighborhoods Cut Off by Road Collapse
The City of Fayetteville has identified neighborhoods that have been completely cut off from the rest of the City because roads leading into their neighborhoods have collapsed due to the damage caused by Hurricane Matthew.
10/10/2016 4:11 PMdetail
- FEMA Website Allows for Pre-Application for Assistance
Although Cumberland County has not received a federal declaration for individual assistance at this time, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has established the website www.DisasterAssistance.gov to allow the public to pre-apply for Individual Assistance.
10/10/2016 4:02 PMdetail
- JIC Update - Monday Morning
The following is the latest information from the City and County Joint Information Center for Monday morning:
10/10/2016 12:20 PMdetail
- Missing Persons Update - JIC Media Release 11:00 a.m.
There are currently reports of two missing individuals throughout Cumberland County. These reports are thought to be related to Hurricane Matthew.
10/10/2016 11:47 AMdetail
- Final Update for Sunday (Recap)
The following is the latest information from the City and County Joint Information Center and the final update for Sunday.
10/10/2016 11:08 AMdetail
- Shelter Update: 275 People Now Housed at Four Facilities JIC Media Release 11 p.m.
10/08/2016 10:54 PMdetail
- Possible Dam Failure: JIC Media Release 4:30 PM
10/08/2016 9:59 PMdetail
- One person missing - JIC Media Release 7 p.m.
10/08/2016 9:58 PMdetail
- Lake Upchurch Dam Approaching Failure City Issues 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Curfew JIC Media Release 9:30 PM
10/08/2016 9:43 PMdetail
- JIC Media Release 3:30 PM
10/08/2016 9:21 PMdetail
- Out-of-State Swift Water Rescue Team Assisting in Water Rescue Operations JIC Media Release 9:00 p.m.
10/08/2016 9:19 PMdetail