Every person desiring to sell at retail or wholesale within the city any of the beverages defined and enumerated in G.S. 18B-101, as amended, shall first obtain a license from the Deputy Tax Collector. No such license shall be issued by the Deputy Tax Collector until the applicant has obtained the appropriate permit from the State Board of Alcohol Control as provided by G.S. chapter 18B. Beer and Wine Licenses are issued for the period from May 1st to April 30th, pursuant to N.C.G.S. 105-113.70(b).
INSTRUCTIONS (Please Read Carefully)
- Contact the Zoning Department at (910) 433-1705 to make sure your proposed business activity is allowed at your proposed business location.
- Obtain temporary Beer and/or Wine Permits from the North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement Division. They can be contacted by phone at (910) 486-1124 and are located at 313 Union Street (behind the main post office on Green Street).
- License Tax Due Date – The Beer/Wine Privilege License must be paid before a business may begin to sell beer and/or wine. The license must be renewed each year prior to May 1st per N.C.G.S. 105-113.70(b).
- To apply for a Beer/Wine Privilege License– please complete a Beer/Wine Privilege License Application. Receipt of a privilege license does not relieve the applicant from complying with all applicable City ordinance and State and Federal laws and regulations.
The application cannot be processed without the following information:
- Copy of State ABC permit you have been issued.
- Your State ABC permit number(s).
- Copy of Articles of Incorporation from Secretary of State if applicable.
- The street address of your business location. Include any suite or unit numbers.
- The business trade or D/B/A name.
- The business mailing address.
- Indicate the business location phone number.
- The number of locations within the city limits that have been issued State ABC permits in your corporate name or under your ownership name.
- Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, S-Corporations:
The business corporate name must be the same as listed on your ABC permit. For LLP’s, the managing partner is considered to be the corporate owner of a business.
- Proprietorships, Partnerships: The business owner must be the same as listed on the ABC permit. The business owner must sign the application. Limited Liability Companies and Limited Liability Partnerships are considered to be corporations.
- Payment – Once completed, please mail your signed application with the appropriate payment and a copy of your North Carolina ABC permit to the:
City of Fayetteville Privilege License Section
PO Drawer D
Fayetteville, NC 28302
Please make your check payable to the “City of Fayetteville”. This tax may also be paid in person at City of Fayetteville Finance Department located on the first floor of City Hall at 433 Hay Street.