The Accreditation Manager is tasked with ensuring that all documentation and requirements for International Accreditation with the Center for Public Safety Excellence are kept current. The Accreditation Manager also oversees the day to day operations of both the Training and Planning/Research Divisions.
Benefits of Accreditation
The Center for Public Safety Excellence (CPSE) serves as the governing body for the organizations that offer accreditation, education, and certification services to first responders and fire service industry professionals and agencies. The Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) is in charge of the process that represents fire and emergency service agencies around the world. The CFAI program is a comprehensive self-assessment and evaluation model that enables fire and emergency service organizations to examine past, current, and future service levels/performance and compare them to industry best practices. The following is a list of benefits that this process provides the department and the community it serves.
- Assures colleagues and the public that the department has definite missions and objectives that are appropriate for the jurisdictions served.
- Provides a detailed evaluation of the services provided to the community
- Determines community risk and safety needs
- Creates a mechanism for developing strategic and program action plans
- Evaluates the performance of the department
- Establishes a method for achieving continuous organizational improvements
- Helps to justify programs and budgetary needs through performance measurements
- Helps to identify strengths and weaknesses within the department
- Creates methods or systems for addressing deficiencies while building organizational success
- Identifies potential risks and enables the department to effectively mitigate emergencies with appropriate resources
- Fosters national recognition by colleagues and the public
Planning and Research
The Planning and Research Division, which supports the overall functions of the Administrative Division is charged with assisting in coordinating programs that impact all areas within the organization. The overall goal of Planning and Research is to assist in the development and mitigation of new and innovative programs that lead to the organization's ability to contribute to the preservation of life, property, and the environment in the surrounding areas. The Planning and Research Division is responsible for Accreditation, records management, annexation mapping, ISO compliance, service contracts, social media networking, and other related functions of the organization.
|Alvarez, Moisbiell||Assistant Chief of Strategic Planning||Fire/Emergency Management||(910) 433-1432||MAlvarez@ci.fay.nc.us|
|Hathcock, Jason||Captain of Research and Planning||Fire/Emergency Management||(910) 433-1399||JHathcock@ci.fay.nc.us|
|Lewis, Vince||Battalion Chief/Accreditation Manager||Fire/Emergency Management||(910) 433-1450||VLewis@ci.fay.nc.us|