All media and public record requests and requests for interviews are to go through the Corporate Communications Office by calling Nathan Walls at (910) 433-1710, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to 433 Hay Street Fayetteville, NC 28301, attention Corporate Communications.
The office responds to requests for information Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and after hours in cases of emergency. In order to ensure the most timely and accurate response possible, media is to contact the Corporate Communications office with all requests.
City Announces MLK Holiday Schedules
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville’s government administrative offices, including City Hall, are closed Monday, Jan. 15 in recognition of the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. The following are schedules for resident service-focused departments:
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation
Following established abbreviated schedule for City recognized holidays.
Abbreviated schedule for Monday, Jan. 15:
- General purpose recreation centers operate from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Senior Center and Gilmore Therapeutic Recreation Center operate from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tokay Senior Fitness Center operates from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Clark Park Nature Center operates from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- N.C. Veterans Park operates from Noon - 4 p.m.
- All parks will be open to the public.
- Administrative offices are closed.
- Resume normal operations Tuesday, Jan. 16.
- Monday’s garbage and yard waste will be collected Wednesday, Jan. 17.
- Monday’s recycling will be collected Monday, Jan. 15.
- Bulky collections for Monday, Jan. 15 will be collected on Friday, Jan. 12.
- Cart repairs/deliveries for Monday routes will be completed on Wednesday, Jan. 17.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST)
Transit will operate on its regular schedule.
For more information about City programs and services, log onto www.fayettevillenc.gov.