City Announces Boards and Commissions Openings
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville is looking to its citizens to help fill vacancies for the following boards and commissions:
- Airport Commission – 5 openings; 1 required to be a travel agent
- Ethics Commission – 2 openings; 1 required to be a member of the Sandhills Chapter of Certified Public Accountants and 1 required to be a member of the Cumberland County Bar Association
- Fair Housing Board – 1 opening; required to be an attorney
- Fayetteville Advisory Committee on Transit – 4 openings; 1 required to be a bus rider, 1 required to be an ADA Representative, 1 required to be a resident who does not live in the FAST bus service area
- Redevelopment Commission – 4 openings
- Historic Resources Commission – 8 openings; 1 required to be a Historic District Property Owner, 1 required to be a licensed/registered architect, 1 required to be a realtor/developer/general contractor, 1 required to be a historic preservationist/cultural or social historian
- Linear Park – 1 opening
- North Carolina Firefighter’s Relief Fund, Board of Trustees – 1 opening
- Personnel Review Board – 3 openings
- Public Arts Commission – 2 openings
Applications will be accepted until midnight Jan. 30. All qualified applications will be presented to the Appointments Committee in February. The Fayetteville City Council will approve boards and commissions members at a regular meeting in March.
The City will accept applications via the City website at www.fayettevillenc.gov. Citizens should scroll over “Government” and choose “Boards and Commissions” under the “City Council” section.