City Announces Winter Holiday Schedules
(Fayetteville, N.C.) — The City of Fayetteville’s government administrative offices, including City Hall, are closed on Dec. 24 and 25 and on Jan. 1, 2019 in recognition of winter holidays. The following are schedules for resident service-focused departments:
Tuesday, Dec. 25 garbage, yard waste and recycling will be collected on Wednesday Dec. 26. Garbage and yard waste from New Year’s Day (Tuesday, Jan. 1) will be collected on Wednesday, Jan. 2. For recycling: Monday, Dec. 31 is regular collection; Tuesday, Jan. 1 will be collected Wednesday, Jan. 2; Thursday, Jan. 3 collected Friday, Jan. 4; and Friday, Jan. 4 collected Saturday, Jan. 5. If any collection service is missed, residents should leave their carts at the curb and, if needed, call 910-433-1FAY (1329).
Parks & Recreation
All recreation centers and administrative offices are closed on Dec. 25. Parks & Recreation will observe the following abbreviated schedule on Dec. 24 and Jan. 1:
- Administrative offices are closed.
- All parks will be open to the public.
- General purpose recreation centers operate from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Senior Center and Gilmore Therapeutic Recreation Center operate from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tokay Senior Fitness Center operates from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Clark Park Nature Center operates from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- N.C. Veterans Park operates from Noon - 4 p.m.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST)
- Dec. 24 (Christmas Eve): Regular service until 7:30 p.m. No service after 7:30 p.m. Transit Center closes at 7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 25 (Christmas Day): Closed – No Bus Service
- Dec. 31 (New Year’s Eve): Regular Service
- Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day): Closed – No Service