City Announces Good Friday and Easter Holiday Schedules
(Fayetteville, N.C.) — The City of Fayetteville’s government administrative offices, including City Hall, are closed on Friday, April 19 in recognition of Good Friday and Easter. The following are schedules for resident service-focused departments:
Garbage and yard waste for Good Friday, April 19 will be collected early on Wednesday, April 17, two days prior to the normal pickup. Friday’s recycling will be collected at the normal time on Good Friday, April 19. If any collection service is missed, residents should leave their carts at the curb and, if needed, call 910-433-1FAY (1329).
Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation will observe the following abbreviated schedule on Good Friday, April 19:
- Administrative offices are closed.
- All parks will be open to the public.
- General purpose recreation centers operate from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Senior Center and Gilmore Therapeutic Recreation Center operate from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tokay Senior Fitness Center operates from 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Clark Park Nature Center operates from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- N.C. Veterans Park operates from Noon - 4 p.m.
Parks & Recreation will operate on regular schedule on Saturday, April 20, recreation centers and offices are closed on Easter Sunday, April 21 and services will return to normal schedule on Monday, April 22.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit (FAST)
FAST will not operate on Easter Sunday, April 21. Regular service will resume Monday, April 22. There will be no FASTTrac! reservations taken on Saturday, April 20. FAST will operate normal schedules on Good Friday, April 19.