Fayetteville Beautiful Slated for May 11
(Fayetteville, N.C.) — The annual Fayetteville Beautiful Citywide Cleanup is scheduled for Saturday, May 11. Dedicated to reducing litter, encouraging waste reduction and promoting beautification projects through community engagement, Fayetteville Beautiful asks residents to pick up litter by signing up at www.fayettevillebeautiful.com on the website's interactive map, which is highlighted on the homepage with the words “Citywide Cleanup Map” in red.
Volunteers should meet at the entrance to Cross Creek Park on Green Street from 8-9:30 a.m. Orange bags, gloves and bottled water will be distributed to assist with the cleanup.
During the April 21, 2018 Citywide Cleanup, 478 volunteers picked up 9,722 pounds of litter. In total, during the 14 Citywide Cleanups, 12,638 volunteers picked up over 147 tons of litter along 216 miles of roadside.
Fayetteville Beautiful, a partner of Keep America Beautiful and Keep NC Beautiful, encourages citizens to create and maintain a cleaner and more beautiful Fayetteville by practicing these methods:
- Use reusable containers when possible
- Recycle bottles, cans, paper and plastics
- Use trash containers with tightly fitting lids
- Adopt a street/site and keep it clean
- Discourage family and friends from littering
- Provide adequate trash and recycling containers; place conspicuously and empty often
- Encourage public officials to enforce the litter laws
- Report litter violations
- Support Fayetteville Beautiful with your donations or volunteer for one of our many projects
For more information, visit www.fayettevillebeautiful.com.