City Announces Boards and Commissions Openings
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville is looking to its citizens to help fill vacancies for the following boards and commissions:
- Joint Appearance Commission – 4 openings
- Human Relations Commission – 6 openings
- Stormwater Advisory Commission – 3 openings
- Senior Citizens Advisory Council – 6 openings
- Metropolitan Housing Authority – 3 Mayoral Appointment openings
- Public Works Commission – 1 opening
- Fayetteville – Cumberland Parks & Recreation Advisory Board – 2 openings
- Public Arts Commission – 1 opening
- Zoning Commission – 3 openings
- Planning Commission - 5 openings
- Board of Appeals – 2 openings
Applications will be accepted until 8 a.m. on Aug. 1, 2019. All qualified applications will be presented to the Appointments Committee in August. The Fayetteville City Council will approve boards and commissions members at a regular meeting in September.
The City will accept applications via the City website at www.fayettevillenc.gov. Citizens should scroll over “Government,” look under the “City Council” section and choose “Boards and Commissions.” Residents should then click on “Apply for a Board” and fill out an application.