ReBuild NC Housing Recovery Program
Was your home damaged during Hurricane Matthew? Help is available.
If you need help repairing your home from damage caused by Hurricane Matthew, the state of North Carolina may be able to assist you by providing a housing recovery grant. Funds will assist residents who qualify under HUD low-to-moderate income requirements. Go to rebuild.nc.gov/apply for more information.
Step 1: Schedule an appointment
To apply for a Hurricane Matthew housing recovery grant, you must schedule an appointment and meet with an application specialist.
Your application specialist will help you walk through the full application. This visit may take up to two hours.
Apply as soon as possible. An application center is now open in Cumberland County. Schedule your appointment by calling 2-1-1.
Dial 1-888-892-1162 if calling from out of state or from a phone that has not translated the dialing code.
For more information, including a checklist of what to bring to your appointment, go to rebuild.nc.gov/apply.
Step 2: Visit Application Center
All centers are handicap accessible.
Cumberland County Community Development office
707 Executive Place
Fayetteville, NC 28305
Monday through Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please bring photo ID, proof of residency, proof of residency during Matthew, photos of damage, tax return or last 3 pay stubs, proof of ownership, insurance payments, copies of other assistance received, and proof of current mortgage payments.
Checklist for the first appointment
Once you have scheduled an appointment at the application center, bring as many of the following items with you as you can:
- Photo Identification (driver license, passport, or state ID)
- Proof of legal residency (Social Security Card, green card or visa)
- Proof of ownership
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance policy, both 2016 and current
- If you have a mortgage on your home, proof that you are current on mortgage payments, not in default (a letter from your mortgage lender or confirmation of recent payment), and that your property taxes are current and paid.
- Proof of occupancy at the residence at the time of the disaster (such as a utility bill from the month of the disaster in the applicant’s name)
- A copy of the 2016 1040 Tax Return for all adults (18 or over) in the household, or 3 months of consecutive paystubs for all adults
- Copies of insurance payments received for any Hurricane Matthew-related damage to the home
- Copies of other assistance received from FEMA, SBA, or other Federal, State, or local disaster entities including charities
- If repairs have been completed on the damaged property, please provide photos and receipts that verify work completed
Download and print PDF Cumberland 211 Flyer Dec 2017
For more information visit rebuild.nc.gov/apply