(Information current as of 4/1 at 9:37 a.m.)
Cumberland County is the lead agency for emergencies. Visit https://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/covid19 for the latest information.
City-Related Program/Service Updates
Parks & Recreation
- All trails and parks are open
- People should maintain proper social distancing (six feet away from someone else)
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people
Beginning Wednesday, March 25, all Parks & Recreation recreation centers will be closed until further notice.
All Fayetteville-Cumberland playgrounds are now closed. This is a new step we’re taking to stop the spread of the Coronavirus. English and Spanish signs with this message are going up at playground locations today.
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation (FCPR) has postponed all department organized programs, activities, athletics, special events and rentals through April 30th. FCPR staff will contact and work with affected individuals and groups to reschedule or refund at a later date. As conditions change, the status of these postponements will be re-evaluated.
Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste
Trash/recycling/yard waste pickup for city customers is on a regular schedule at this time.
Effective Wednesday March 25, 2020 until further notice: the Solid Waste Division of the Public Services Department is closed to the public. This is an effort to keep employees and the public safe from the spread of COVID-19. Essential services remain available. For cart orders and other assistance, please contact the Customer Contact Center at (910) 433-1FAY (1329) or visit www.1FAY.com
- Fayetteville Regional Airport is working closely with TSA, City and County officials, and the State Health Department in regards to precautionary measures for COVID-19.
- The airport terminal is open and operating on regular schedule.
- Cleaning protocols have been heightened and additional hand sanitizer dispensers have been placed throughout the terminal.
- The airport restaurant, Tailwind, has suspended pre-security restaurant service until further notice. The concession stand in B Concourse is still open to service travelers with grab and go foods and concessions.
- The airport USO facility remains closed.All airport tours are suspended.
For information on cancellation and changes in flight schedules, travelers are encouraged to contact their airline directly.
- American Airlines 800-433-7300
- Delta Airlines 800-221-1212
For general aviation pilots desiring information about Signature Flight Support Services (FBO).
- Signature Flight Support Services call (910) 321-7540.
- All American Aviation Flight School call (910) 644-8817
For the latest updates on airport operations and COVID-19 visit flyfay.com or follow @flyFAYairport on Facebook or Twitter.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit
Beginning Tuesday March 31, 2020 bus and FASTTRAC! Paratransit services will end at 7:00 p.m every evening
All customers should use the rear door when boarding a bus, unless the use of a ramp or lift is needed (those are located at the front of the bus)
Social distancing reminders are posted on buses
Bus seats are marked to encourage social distancing
Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, the Fayetteville Police Department will be limiting Lobby hours at the main police station. The front lobby will now be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. These hours may change as precautionary measures evolve. If you have business at the main police station, we recommend calling first; (910) 433-1585.
We have also increased the types of reports that are available to be taken online, and over the phone for convenience and precaution. We continue to encourage residents to use online reporting located here: p2c.faypd.com or telephone reporting at: (910) 433-1529 or 1530.
The FPD 911 Communications center has begun asking a few more questions to callers requesting a response from police or first responders:
1. Is anyone inside the residence experiencing flu-like symptoms or fever?
2. Has anyone been exposed or been in contact with anyone exposed to COVID-19?
3. Is it possible for you to meet the officer outside the residence?
Your answers to the above questions will not prevent any response by first responders.
**As a reminder: Police Officers/Fire Dept./EMS are being dispatched as the questions are being asked. Answering any questions will NOT slow their response**
Please continue to call 911 for emergencies only, for information related to COVID-19, you can call (910) 615-LINK or visit the Cumberland County Department of Public Health COVID-19 webpage: https://www.co.cumberland.nc.us/covid19.
To file a police report online visit: http://p2c.faypd.com/ReportIncident/IncidentEntry_Disclaimer.aspx.
To obtain a copy of police/crash report: http://p2c.faypd.com/Summary.aspx.
To file a police report over the phone call (910) 433-1529 or (910) 433-1530.
Community Watch Coordinators are encouraged to stay in contact with their assigned Crime Prevention Specialist through phone/e-mail contact. The community calendar (https://fayettevillenc.gov/government/city-departments/police/events-calendar) will be updated, should the community watch groups decide to cancel their community watch meetings. If any member of a community watch group has questions regarding their meeting(s), they are asked to contact their Community Watch Coordinator. Continue to follow social distancing recommendations.
“Live Remote Inspections & Code Enforcement (Live RICE)” begin today (March 26, 2020). Live RICE is a way to perform several forms of inspections where persons are still in the building during the COVID-19 precautions. This inspection option is voluntary and removes unintended exposure to a virus by using smartphone technology to perform code compliance inspections. Contractors or homeowners simply coordinate with the inspector for the Live RICE as already done when requesting inspections. Customers continue to be encouraged to use the website portals found at https://fayettevillenc.gov/government/city-departments/development-services to request service.
Professional staff contact information from Planning, Zoning, Building Inspections, and Code Compliance can be found at the Development Service City of Fayetteville website (https://fayettevillenc.gov/government/city-departments/development-services). Plan submittals and requests for inspections continue at https://fayetteville.idtplans.com/secure/. Inspector coverage areas within the city for building and trades are found at https://fayettevillenc.gov/government/city-departments/permitting-inspections. Other questions should be sent by email addresses shown on the department webpage.
Yard sale permits will not be issued until further notice.
- Meeting room reservations canceled at fire facilities until further notice.
- Station tours and community ride-alongs suspended.
- Maintenance fire inspections postponed at long-term healthcare and assisted living facilities.
- The public can obtain fire reports by visiting https://fayettevillenc.nextrequest.com/ or calling 910-433-1725
Economic and Community Development
- Measures are in place for the continuation of services to residents and businesses.
- Citizens are urged to call 910-433-1590 or email CommEconDev@ci.fay.nc.us for assistance.
City Clerk's Office
All boards and commissions meetings have been suspended until further notice.
City Event Cancellations/Postponements
The following events have been canceled or postponed:
- 3/21 Rowan Street Skate Park Ribbon Cutting (postponed)
- 3/24 Community Business Meeting (canceled)
- 4/16 Community Development Day (canceled)
- 4/23-4/26 Fayetteville Dogwood Festival (postponed)
FayTV COVID-19 Live Stream
Resources for More Information
- Frequently Asked Questions from NCDHHS
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Frequently Asked Questions from CDC
- Following the CDC's travel guidance
- Fayetteville Regional Airport Travel Information
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina Food Finder
- Meals on Wheels
- Governor Cooper Announces Texting Tool to Access Food for Children
- Report scams: http://ncdoj.gov/complaint or 1-877-5-NO-SCAM.
- Report price gouging: http://ncdoj.gov/pricegouging
- Report robocalls: http://ncdoj.gov/norobo or 1-844-8-NO-ROBO
- Educational resources for students & citizens
- Families who are at home and looking for fun activities. There are coloring sheets of city scenes, a link to the “Day in the Life” YouTube series featuring local government workers, and more. These activities are free and we encourage people to use them as they work through unprecedented challenges.
City of Fayetteville YouTube Playlist
CDC YouTube Playlist
Stay Informed - FayTV on your Smart TV
The City of Fayetteville is now streaming FayTV, its government access channel, on smart TVs and streaming devices. This is one of the first government access channels in North Carolina to be available for viewing on Roku, Fire TV, Android TV and Apple TV. To install the FayTV streaming app on Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, and Apple TV, search for the words “FayTV” or “Fayetteville.”