Inspector’s Decisions Informal Review Process
In accordance with NCGS 160A-412(f), the City of Fayetteville has implemented the following process for the review of decisions made by City Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing Inspectors when requested:
1. Any disagreement with a decision made by a City building, electrical, mechanical, and/or plumbing inspector may be brought forth to the Chief Building Official (or the employee’s supervisor in absence of the Chief Building Official) for review.
2. In the event a building permit holder or applicant requests a review of the inspector’s decision, the permit holder or applicant shall complete an Inspections Review Form and submit (by mail, email, or in person) it to the Chief Building Official:
Chief Building Official
City of Fayetteville Development Services Department
1st Floor - 433 Hay Street
Fayetteville, NC 28301
PO Drawer D
Fayetteville, NC 28302
3. The Chief Building Official shall make contact with the permit holder or applicant within three business days of receiving the request. The permit holder or applicant may present any information they like at the time and the Building Code Official may request any other information or documentation from the permit holder or applicant that is necessary to make a decision.
4. The Chief Building Official may review the inspector’s decision with the inspector as well as the department Director and/or Assistant Director.
5. The Chief Building Official shall notify the permit holder or applicant of his/her decision through either email or letter as soon as it is determined. If a decision takes longer than 5 business days after receipt of all requested information, the Chief Building Official will notify the permit holder or applicant of that status and the reason for the delay.