A section of Shawcroft Road, including a culvert, was washed away by Hurricane Matthew on October 8, 2016. Following the disaster, the City conducted an assessment of the roadway to determine an estimated cost for repairs. The estimated cost to fix the roadway and replace the culvert is $1.3 million.
Shawcroft Road is now open and construction is complete.
The City will construct a new culvert in 2019 on Shawcroft Drive, at the entrance to King’s Grant, to provide a permanent entrance to the neighborhood. The existing culvert was washed away by Hurricane Matthew floodwaters and a temporary culvert was put in place to allow access to the neighborhood.
- Status: Construction Complete- Road is open
- Next Step: Final close out and punch list items.
- Contract / Contractor:
- Design: Hazen and Sawyer
- Construction: Wells Brothers
- Kings Grant Community
- City of Fayetteville Public Services Department- Engineering Division
- Public Works Commission (PWC)
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- COF Contact: Engineering Division (910) 433-1656
- PWC Contact: General Inquiries (920) 483-1382
For More Information:
Project is complete. Weekly updates of project status can be found below.
Presentation to Council on 4/17/2017.
For questions regarding this project, please contact our Engineering Department at 910-433-1656.