A section of Shawcroft Road, including a culvert, was washed away by Hurricane Matthew on October 8, 2016. Following the disaster, the City conducted an assessment of the roadway to determine an estimated cost for repairs. The estimated cost to fix the roadway and replace the culvert is $1.3 million.
The City will construct a new culvert in 2018 on Shawcroft Drive, at the entrance to King’s Grant, to provide a permanent entrance to the neighborhood. The existing culvert was washed away by Hurricane Matthew floodwaters and a temporary culvert was put in place to allow access to the neighborhood.
- Status: Construction
- Next Step: Construction Completion
- Contract / Contractor:
- Design: Hazen and Sawyer
- Construction: Wells Brothers
- Estimated Completion Date: Late Summer 2019
- Kings Grant Community
- City of Fayetteville Public Services Department- Engineering Division
- Public Works Commission (PWC)
- North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- COF Contact: Engineering Division (910) 433-1656
- PWC Contact: General Inquiries (920) 483-1382
For More Information:
Current Weekly Status
Please click on the attachment to see the current status.
*We attempt to update page on a weekly basis. However, given the nature of the project, there may not be significant changes from week to week.
Presentation to Council on 4/17/2017.
For questions regarding this project, please contact our Engineering Department at 910-433-1656.