Say hello to the people who keep our city clean and beautiful. Each week our crews are in every neighborhood removing garbage, yard waste, large items that don’t fit in the cart and repairing or replacing broken carts. Recycling helps with our community’s sustainability. We work to make sure that Fayetteville remains a healthy place to live and retains the hometown feeling we know exists here.
This site will help you become more knowledgeable about our services and how we operate. You can look up your collection days, learn about what can and cannot be recycled, or how to schedule a bulk item for collection. So, look for us twice a week on your street, household trash one day and yard waste another, and be sure to say hello to your crews.
- 1-FAY Call Center (910) 433-1FAY (1329)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Holiday Collection Schedule
- Roll Out Carts
- Solid Waste
- Special Waste Items
- Yard Waste
- "Talkin' Trash" with Anne
- Solid Waste Fee Schedule
Resident Guide to the Solid Waste Division
Click on video below to watch.
Help us to serve you better
In an effort to collect household trash in a more economical and efficient manner, the City asks residents to follow these guidelines. Fully automated trucks will be used for trash collection in neighborhoods. The following proper containerization of trash and placement of carts must be followed per Fayetteville City Ordinance 22-10. This does not apply to yard waste collection.
- Place cart 1-2 feet from the curb with cart handle facing the house to reduce possible spills during emptying
- Do not overfill cart; the lid should be within 6-8 inches of completely closing
- Allow 4 feet between cart and all other objects, including other carts
- Do not place carts under low-hanging wires or tree branches close to the road
- Remove vehicles from the street on trash day
- All trash bags much be inside City-approved carts
- Trash bags left on the ground or in other non-approved containers will not be collected
- Have carts to the curb by 7 a.m.; once the truck has passed your house it cannot return for pickup
Owner-generated construction debris will be picked up for a $50 fee. Contractor-generated debris will not be collected. This now includes carpeting of any size.
- If garbage collection is MONDAY your yard waste collection is FRIDAY
- If garbage collection is TUESDAY your yard waste collection is THURSDAY
- If garbage collection is THURSDAY your yard waste collection is TUESDAY
- If garbage collection is FRIDAY your yard waste collection is MONDAY
Find out your household trash, recyclables and yard waste pickup days by clicking here.
Cumberland County operates the Ann St. Landfill, Wilkes Rd. Treatment and Processing Facility, Household Hazardous Waste Facility and several Container Sites/Recycling Centers. For information on what is accepted at these facilities and associated fees, please refer to the Cumberland County Solid Waste Management website at www.co.cumberland.nc.us/solid_waste.aspx. If you have questions that are not answered on the website, please call the Ann St. Landfill at 321-6830.
Our recycling program is as convenient as possible because we want to encourage everyone to make recycling part of your daily routine… to make it second nature! Put recyclables all together in your blue cart – it is separated at the local Materials Recovery Facility (MRF).
Recently, the Solid Waste Division commissioned a Comprehensive Solid Waste Study to examine the efficiency of services and the amount of recyclables that end up in the landfill. The final report is available for review in addition to a spreadsheet comparing Fayetteville Trash Collection Services to other municipalities in NC and a copy of the attachments from the Comprehensive Solid Waste Study.
In 2009, the City of Fayetteville adopted a Sustainability Master Plan that addresses the broad definition of sustainability and incorporates the environment, social equity, and the economy. This approach is often referred to as the triple bottom line. Long term sustainability depends on a careful balancing of economic, social, and environmental goals and objectives. Proposed efforts had to take into account and benefit all three objectives.
Need to contact someone from the Solid Waste Division?
Call the City's 1-FAY Call Center at (910) 433-1FAY (1329) to make a service request, report a missed collection or ask a question.
The 1-FAY Call Center serves as the central point of contact for the City of Fayetteville. Contact the 1-FAY Call Center for information about City services such as trash collection, bulky item pickup, recycling and more. Call (910) 433-1FAY (1329) to reach a representative who will answer your questions, enter a service request, or connect you to the appropriate department. You can also enter service requests online at www.FayFixIt.com or from your smartphone or tablet using the FayFixIt app. The 1-FAY Call Center is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
FayFixIT App for Your Smartphone
10/10/2018 5:26 PM
10/05/2018 3:05 PM
09/19/2018 5:09 PM
09/19/2018 4:35 PM
09/17/2018 7:11 PM
09/11/2018 12:13 PM
08/22/2018 3:46 PM