Fraud Is A Crime That Robs the City of Fayetteville of Funds and Resources.
Fraud, waste, and abuse against our City impacts each of us – citizens and City employees. It reduces budgets for City services including public safety, street repair, transit service, and parks. You can make an anonymous report with an independent third-party online at ReportLineWeb.com/FayettevilleNC or by calling, 1 (877) 339-4715.
What is Fraud Against the City of Fayetteville?
Theft, waste, and abuse of City of Fayetteville resources. Examples of City Fraud include:
- Theft of City property, such as inventory or supplies
- Using City property for personal use
- Payroll or timekeeping fraud
- Submitting invoices for fictitious or personal goods and services
- Taking cash paid for City services – such as parking, permits, or fines
- Stealing a check the City issued to another payee
- Falsely reporting expenses for reimbursement
- Accepting a bribe, kickback, or illegal gratuity
- Conflicts of interest
What is Non-City Fraud and Crime?
Crimes committed against individuals. Examples of non-city crimes include:
- Personal property theft
- Credit card fraud
- Welfare fraud
- Unemployment fraud
- Insurance fraud
If you would like to report a non-city fraud and crime, contact your local law enforcement agency.
What Can You Do To Stop Fraud?
If you suspect or witness any fraud, waste or abuse against City of Fayetteville resources, SPEAK UP and REPORT IT.
The City of Fayetteville's Office of Internal Audit sponsors a Fraud Hotline for City of Fayetteville employees, vendors, and citizens.
Why Should You Report Fraud and Theft?
It's the right thing to do. All types of fraud, both large and small, impact the City. Fraud, waste and abuse hurts everyone - citizens and City employees.
Discuss any concerns with the appropriate supervisor or manager. If you prefer to remain anonymous, contact The Network.
Report online: ReportLineWeb.com/FayettevilleNC
Call toll-free: 1 (877) 339-4715