Permit Inspection Work
Work must be inspected during each phase of construction before work is concealed and/or continued by the permit holder or their agent. The inspection request is called into Dispatch at 910-433-1768 or:
433 Hay Street
1st Floor - City Hall
PO Box 1846
Fayetteville, NC 28302-1846
Required Plumbing Inspections
Underground Water: Inspected before being covered and before the building inspector's slab inspection, if slab construction.
Underground Waste: Inspected before being covered and before the building inspector's slab inspection, if slab construction.
Rough-in: Before insulation and/or sheetrock has been installed. This addresses the water, venting, building sewer, and drains.
Above the Ceiling: Before ceiling tile is installed. Inspection addresses all plumbing piping above the ceiling.
Sewer: Before covering.
Water Supply: Before covering.
Grease Traps: Before covering.
Grease Sand Interceptor: Before covering.
Final: Job is installed and fixtures are in place.
Common Mistakes Identified During a Plumbing Inspection
- Not ready
- Access- doors locked
- Need D.W.V. test
- D.W.V. leaking
- Backwater valve is not installed
- Test water pipe
- Nail plates missing
- Freezing, no insulation
- Final testing (no water on)
- Venting is missing or incorrect
- Thermal expansion is missing
- Slope or fall of pipe is incorrect
- Washing machine stand pipe is not within 18 inches minimum and 48 inch maximum
- Water heater drain pan must be a minimum of 1 inch and cannot use PVC pipe for drain
- Need cleanout