An Infrastructure Permit is required for any new development or re-development within the City to ensure compliance and construction of public infrastructure in accordance to City standards. The Infrastructure Permit deals with review and approval of various forms of required infrastructure such as streets, sidewalks, curb and gutter, stormwater management facilities, or other similar features. The Infrastructure Permit is issued by the Engineering & Infrastructure Department and is required before a Building Permit or a Final Plat can be obtained.
- An Infrastructure Permit is required prior to issuance of a Building Permit for any development that includes or extends any public infrastructure, changes the drainage pattern or alters the impervious area.
- An Infrastructure Permit is required before construction commences for any subdivision that includes or extends any public infrastructure, except exempt subdivisions do not require issuance of an Infrastructure Permit.
- Development with nonconforming site features may be required to bring some or all of the nonconforming site features into compliance with City standards.
- Applicants are required to notify the City at milestones in the construction process by requesting an infrastructure inspection.
- A final inspection of required infrastructure is required prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy.