Call 911 for Emergencies.
call (910) 433-1529.
To make an anonymous tip,
call (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
Community Watch Protocol
The following standards have been put in place to enhance the communication flow between Police and Community Watch Groups. This protocol will also help our Crime Prevention Specialists streamline Community Watch groups into our growing community.
Protocol for Community Watch Groups
- All Community Watch groups must meet at least once a year. More frequent meetings are highly encouraged.
- Community Watch groups should submit any crime related issues or concerns to their Crime Prevention Specialist via e-mail or phone.
- Groups that do not have recurring meetings should notify their Crime Prevention Specialist of an upcoming meeting at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
- It is our intention to have sworn law enforcement personnel at every community watch meeting. Due to the nature of police work, emergencies do arise and we cannot guarantee the presence of sworn personnel.
- Sworn personnel and Crime Prevention Specialists will be scheduled to speak first at community watch meetings. This allows the sworn personnel to go back in service to patrol the community.
- All changes to community watch meetings, to include dates, time, and cancellations should be reported to your Crime Prevention Specialist as soon as possible.