The City will repair a failed bank slope along Cross Creek behind the 280 Lamon Street facility to restore the Linear Trail and protect the Parks and Recreation Administrative building.
- Status: Design
- Next Step: Design Concept Completion and Discussion with NCDPS / FEMA
- Contract / Contractor:
- Design: Fleming and Associates
- Project Management: Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Construction: TBD
- Estimated Completion Date: Summer 2019
- Public Services Department
- North Carolina Department of Public Safety (NCDPS)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- City of Fayetteville Contact: John Larch 910-433-1656
For More Information:
Current Weekly Status:
The design engineer completed an evaluation of the additional damage at Cross Creek resulting from Hurricane Florence. Preliminary cost estimates and alternatives for Hurricane Florence repairs were reviewed by the City on December 12, 2019.
The City is still in the process of coordinating with FEMA for approval of funding for the Hurricane Florence Damage; however, the design engineer has been instructed to continue work on the Hurricane Matthew repair portion of the project. Final approved plans for the Hurricane Matthew phase are due at the end of March 2019.
Survey of the additional damage of Cross Creek will begin in January and the project will require environmental permit approvals from NCDEQ and the US Army Corps of Engineers. A flood model will also be prepared and submitted to the state for approval.
Page Updated 1/11/2019
*We attempt to update page on a weekly basis. However, given the nature of the project, there may not be significant changes from week to week.