The Devonwood Lower Dam was damaged by Hurricane Matthew on October 8, 2016. The Devonwood Lower Dam supports part of McFadyen Drive. Water overtopped the dam and caused some slope failure on the downstream side. Following the disaster, the City conducted an assessment of the dam to determine an estimated cost for repairs. The estimated cost to repair the dam is $2.9 million.
The City will perform a repair on the Devonwood Lower Dam, located on McFadyen Drive, to repair damage from Hurricane Matthew floodwaters.
- Status: Design Review
- Next Step: Advertising and Award Contract
- Contract / Contractor:
- Design: WK Dickson & Company Inc.
- Project Manager: Freese and Nichols, Inc.
- Estimated Construction Begin: TBD
- Estimated Construction Completion:TBD
- Fleetwood Lake
- City of Fayetteville Public Services Department- Engineering Division
- COF Contact: Engineering Department (910) 433-1656
For More Information:
Please click on the links below to view the current updates.
Page updated 3/30/2020*
*We attempt to update page on a weekly basis. However, given the nature of the project, there may not be significant changes from week to week.
For more information, please call the Engineering and Infrastructure Department at 910-433-1656.
Devonwood Lower Dam (McFadyen Dr.) Community Meeting - July 25, 2017