In 2009, the City conducted a neighborhood drainage study in response to multiple instances of street and yard flooding along a drainage corridor that runs from upstream of Spruce Street to Little Cross Creek downstream of Forest Hills Drive. The study determined that the existing culverts in the drainage system lacked adequate capacity for the 25-year design storm. It was recommended that the entire system be replaced in three phases.
Phase I - Involved replacing the Forest Hills culvert to the Little Cross Creek outlet.
Phase II - Will include replacing the underground system beginning at Stamper Road and continuing to Acorn Street. The City will replace undersized dual 36” reinforced concrete pipe and a 42” corrugated metal pipe crossing under Stamper Road and Acorn Street with an adequately sized 10’ x 6’ reinforced concrete box culvert.
Phase III- Will involve replacing the culvert at Spruce Street.
Phase I - Completed August 2017
- Status: Construction
- Next Step: Construction Completion
- Contract / Contractor:
- Design: Moorman, Kizer & Reitzel, Inc.
- Construction: Smith - Rowe, Inc.
- Estimated Completion Date: Fall 2018
- Status: Design
- Next Step: Design Completion (April 2019)
- Design: Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc.
- Construction: TBD
- Estimated Completion Date: 2020
- Eutaw Homes
- Forest Hills
- Public Services Department
- City of Fayetteville Contact: Leah Harrison 910-433-1656