Effective July 1, 2016, the City of Fayetteville will be responsible for all purchasing transactions within the City.
Welcome to the City of Fayetteville’s Purchasing Department Webpage. The City of Fayetteville’s Purchasing Department is a division of the City Finance Department and is responsible for the acquisition of all purchases for the City including materials, supplies, services and equipment. The Purchasing Team makes every effort to make the most economical acquisition of quality materials and services. Similar to all municipalities in North Carolina, the City of Fayetteville’s purchasing processes are governed by Local, State and Federal Policies and Procedures. Complying with these processes assures the efficient use of taxpayer dollars.
The City of Fayetteville welcomes the opportunity to do business with interested merchants and vendors in the community. The City maintains an open door policy for all potential bidders and encourages the participation of minority and Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (SDBE) in the purchasing process. To help potential bidders interested in working with the City, the Purchasing Department encourages vendors to attend the Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Course. This program works to increase the participation of Small Disadvantaged Businesses in procurement opportunities.
Click here to view current bid opportunities for the City. Click on the Bid Number for a copy of the Bid documents. If you have any questions or need further assistance to complete the Bid Packet please email us at CityPurchasingDept@ci.fay.nc.us and we will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for visiting our page. While you are visiting our page please take the time to complete the Vendor Registration Form and submit it for our records so we know how to reach you for future business opportunities.
- Doing Business With The City
- Bid Opportunities
- Bid Tabulations
- Commodity Codes
- Current Budget
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Hire Fayetteville First
- Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (SDBE) Program
- Surplus Property (Fayetteville PWC)
- Terms and Conditions
- Upcoming Events
- Local Vendors List (as of Aug. 7, 2017) (.pdf)
- All Vendors List (as of Aug. 7, 2017)
- Contracting Opportunities in Fayetteville, Cumberland and Hoke Counties
Our Mission, Vision and Values
The City of Fayetteville Purchasing Division’s Mission is to be committed to our community and coworkers by providing the best possible service to all of our customers and making responsible decisions throughout the acquisition process for contracts, materials and services for the City of Fayetteville. We strive to assure the community that tax payer dollars are being utilized in a fiscally responsible manner by following bid processes and North Carolina State Statues.
The City of Fayetteville Purchasing Division’s Vision is:
- To provide the highest level of quality customer service,
- To maintain an entrepreneurial spirit,
- To collaborate as a team to promote the best environment for teamwork
- To have open relationships with vendors and be welcoming.
The City of Fayetteville Purchasing Division’s Values are:
- To be ethical and moral
- To abide by North Carolina General Statutes
- To respect and value people
- To embrace open communication and information sharing
- To be open to change
- To have a positive attitude
- To be supportive of each other, our organization and our vendors
- To build value and diversity
- To encourage new and innovative ideas
Looking for an opportunity to contract with the City of Fayetteville and PWC? Sign up for the “Hire Fayetteville First” class series offered by the Center for Economic Empowerment and Development (CEED). The three part series is free and open to the public.
- A Guide For Doing Business With the City (.pdf)
- Current Budget
- Purchase Order (PO) Terms and Conditions (.pdf)
- Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program Guide (.pdf)
- SBDE Affidavit Form (.pdf)
- Vendor Registration Form (.pdf)
- W-9 Form (.pdf fillable)
- Guide to Open Government (NCDOJ) (.pdf)