Google Transit TRIP PLANNER
Fayetteville Area System of Transit has established a Rider Rules of Conduct Exclusion Policy to outline conduct deemed inappropriate on FAST vehicles and properties, bus shelters, bus stops, and transfer points. This policy is intended to provide a safe, secure, and comfortable environment for ALL FAST employees and FAST passengers.
The rules listed below, are not all-inclusive; as additional rules and regulations may apply.
"FOR YOUR SAFETY SECURITY"
THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS/ACTIVITIES/BEHAVIORS ARE AGAINST OUR RULES AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED WHILE YOU ARE PRESENT ON OUR FACILITY.
- Verbal threats or physical assault (fighting) against any FAST employee or passenger.
- Possession, distribution, and/or being under the influence of narcotics, illegal drugs, and/or drug paraphernalia.
- Weapons (pistols, rifles, knives or swords) or other objects which are dangerous in nature.
- EATING or DRINKING (ONLY water-in a clear container with a screw-top lid will be permitted).
- SMOKING (including electronic cigarettes), CHEWING TOBACCO, or carrying lighted tobacco onto FAST vehicles or inside of FAST facilities.
- Indecent, profane, boisterous, unreasonably loud, demeaning, or disrespectful behavior.
- Physical or sexual contact with FAST employees or passengers.
- Playing of audio devices without the use of personal earphones / headsets.
- Standing in front of the Standee Line (yellow or white line on the floor of the vehicle-near the driver's seat).
- Animals are not allowed on vehicles or inside facilities - except for authorized service animals.
- Large articles, packages, baggage, non-collapsible strollers or baby buggies which block vehicle aisles/walkways.
- LOITERING, Soliciting for contributions, distributing of any materials on FAST properties.
- Children under (5) five years of age must be accompanied by an older, responsible adult.
- Roller-skating, roller-blading, skateboarding, or sitting on hand-rails at transfer points or inside FAST vehicles.
- Unsafe behavior which may endanger FAST employees and/or passengers.
- Hanging out, reaching out, or putting anything out of FAST vehicle windows.
- Refusal to pay a fare or refusal to show appropriate fare media to a FAST vehicle operator, when requested.
- Misuse of fare media, including counterfeit or stolen fare media.
- Obstructing or interfering with the safe operation of FAST vehicles.
- Motorized bikes, gasoline/fuel combustion-type vehicles, or oversized wheelchairs which exceed A.D.A. guidelines.
- Fighting, instigating fights, or threatening acts of violence against FAST employees and/or passengers.
- Display of drunken behavior which may endanger FAST employees and/or passengers.
- Boarding vehicles and/or entering facilities without proper clothing (must wear shoes and shirt at all times).
- Stealing or willfully damaging, defacing or destroying City property.
- Indecent exposure
An operator or other authorized representative shall make one request for the prohibited behavior to cease/stop. If the behavior continues, then additional authorities personnel may be called to respond immediately.
If physical contact/violence is involved-then Law Enforcement MUST be notified at once. CALL 9-1-1
VIOLATIONS OF THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN PERSON(S) BEING EXCLUDED FROM USE OF FAST SERVICES PERMANENTLY AND MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL CHARGES, AND ARREST BY LOCAL, STATE, AND/OR FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
Copies of the entire policy, including exclusion appeal procedures, are available at the FAST Transit Center, located at 505 Franklin Street, Fayetteville, N.C. 28301..
City of Fayetteville Transit Department: Rider Rules of Conduct Exclusion Policy